Sunday, November 1, 2015

STASH REPORT - WEEK 43-47, 2015 (10/24-11/21/15)

Used this Period: 19.67 yards
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date:  170.42 yards 
Added Year to Date:  40.25 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2015:   130.17 yards

I finished a crocheted rug (made with cloth strips 1.25" wide) that I started a couple of years ago.  I'm not sure I will make another one, but it was a good experience to make one.  And a finish is a finish!  I didn't count the yardage used. 

 

I also finished the wildlife quilt I will give my son for Christmas--just need to get it on the longarm and quilt it.  This was another of those "quilting from stash challenges" that are becoming the story of my quilting experiences.  I was gifted (by my quilting friend) with the wildlife panel and a second panel that was missing 2 of the large animals, and we decided it would be our challenge quilt.  She made a bargello quilt that included blank spaces for the animals--and then started a second quilt that is a version of a log cabin.  I did the log cabin, as shown.  We both were using leftover fabric from our Northwoods quilts.  Anyway, I got 6 sets of 4 log cabin blocks with the medium brown Moda fabric--and then ran out.  I couldn't match the brown (of course!) so I made the next 6 blocks with a light tan (which looks cream in the pictures).  I used the large applique animals in the medium brown blocks, and used 2 of the smaller applique animals in 4 of the light tan blocks and 1 each of the smaller applique animals in the "half" sets.  (I was reminded of how much I hate doing the blanket stitch around narrow angles!)  I hope to use 2 of the remaining large applique animals on a set of shams to match the quilt--and will send the other 2 back to Sandi in case she wants to make shams.  I found a piece of fabric large enough for the backing (I do have a stash of large yardages!) that features pine cones.  The quilt is 85 x 109--and I do have enough of some of the fabrics to make shams!!  This quilt used 19 2/3 yards (which includes the panels)--a real boost to my "out" numbers!! 

 





 

3 comments:

  1. Not much is better than visiting with family. Your numbers are great. I am always amazed at how much piecing can get done between loads of laundry. Enjoy your time in your studio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounded like you have happy travels. Hum, I'm having a hard time getting my head around doing the last minute things before the snow flies. In central Virginia we won't be seeing snow until January...hopefully. It was in the 70's this morning but has fallen to the mid 60s now. Hope you get some studio time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a good trip. Hope you got a chance to spend some time in the sewing room today

    ReplyDelete