Sunday, October 4, 2015

STASH REPORT - WEEK 38-40, 2015 (9/19-10/3/15)

Used this Period: 10.35 yards
Added this Period: 1 yards

Used year to Date: 142.25 yards 
Added Year to Date: 37.25 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2015:  105 yards

 

It's a beautiful autumn day--albeit early!--with a crispness in the air and leaves falling.  We had a dusting of snow on the high peaks this week.  The good news is that the wood is all stacked and ready for use.  In fact, we have a fire in the fireplace right now, taking the edge off the 41 degree weather.  


And--drum roll!--I actually finished a quilt!  The purple sampler that was started a couple of years ago is now shifted to the Longarm UFO column.  I thought I would be able to use all the purple fabric in my stash, but it didn't happen.  I still have purple fabric!  Oh, well...  Because my blocks were all different sizes (I started it as a Craftsy BOM, but decided not to make all the blocks presented.), I had to put "fillers" in to fit it together.  Anyway, I remembered sewing 1 inch strips together for sashing in a baby quilt 15+ years ago--and that is what I used!  It is not my favorite quilt--but it is done.


The yard of new fabric in my stash was purchased to use in making I-phone cases for our Thanksgiving bazaar.  Whether I actually get them made for this year's bazaar is anyone's guess--but my intentions are good.  I did make one of the funky chicken pincushions yesterday (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyvomCiN9Oo).  It has been a long time since I've "sewn" anything except quilts.  A friend gave me feathers and eyes and her written pattern taken from the Missouri Star Quilt Company you-tube video, and I finally got one made, using Halloween fabric.  Anyone need some crushed walnut shells?!  There is just one size bag at the pet stores--and a little bit goes a long way!!  I do want to make some more as gifts--good thing as I found the feathers on sale at the little fabric store in the Valley.  And I started working on the crocheted rug that is made with fabric strips (started it a couple of years ago)--I WILL finish it this month!


 

I'm hoping that my medical issues are over, and that I can get down to my quilting studio more frequently.  This week will see us on a road trip to deliver a new-to-them trailer to our son and daughter-in-law; we'll meet him half-way.  I hope my studio doesn't forget what I look like!!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment