Sunday, January 30, 2022

January 2022

UFO #12 was drawn

On the 19th, I realized that I had nothing finished for January!  I really want to finish a quilt each month in 2022 and did receive 2 Kona Rainbow Jelly Rolls for Christmas.  (I had seen a Rainbow Bargello quilt made with jelly rolls and wanted to try it myself.)  So, on the 20th, I took myself downstairs and started sewing and cutting.  If you use a jelly roll, half of the cutting is already done as all the strips are already cut at 2.5" wide.  It was interesting because it seemed to go really fast--of course, the pattern was a simple wave pattern and not nearly as complex as the pattern my sister and I used a few years ago.  I finished the quilt top on the 26th (ironed seams on that date).  I didn't want to buy Kona fabric for a border so I decided I wouldn't add any borders. It is a nice lap size at 56 x 69.  I cut the backing from a marbled red--no seaming as it is 108" wide--and will use the extra backing fabric to make the binding after it is quilted on the longer. 
I had been working on one of the 5 pillowcases I purchased a few years ago and finished the XStitch.  I used a purchased entredeux ribbon, attached it to the bottom of the pillowcases, and then did a simple SC edging.  The purchased entredeux ribbon isn't nearly as nice as if I had done it on the sewing machine--but much, much faster!!  Why did I ever order pillowcases to XStitch?!  I have a stack of embroidered pillowcases that have never been used!! Oh, well...  I finished the pillowcases on the 28th--easy to crochet the edging while watching TV.

I had been working all month on a counted XStitch picture (a JanetPowers watercolor) showing an Oriental Lily and finished it on the 29th--whew!!  I love her charts and had started this one several years ago--about 50 stitches or so.  So, technically it was a UFO but quickly turned into a NewFO since I had used the wrong color of floss to start the leaves.  I ripped out those stitches and started from scratch.  I now have 3 XStitch "pictures" of flowers (iris, daisies, lily) that can be framed and hung.  Of course, they take a lot less room just laying in the dresser drawer!  I will need to soak this one because it got fairly dirty.


Three finishes from scratch--not a bad way to start the year!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment