Saturday, June 13, 2015

STASH REPORT - WEEK 24, 2015 (6/13/15)

Used this Period: 16.3 yards
Added this Period: .3 yards

Used year to Date: 106.36 yards 
Added Year to Date: 24 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2015:  82.36 yards

 

I had a productive week--and thoroughly enjoyable!  I finished the redwork girl MOY quilt, and made backings for both the boy and girl MOY quilts.  I also made the binding for the girl quilt, but still have to make the binding for the boy quilt.  We went to the "big city" on Tuesday, and I bought 1/3 yard of the metallic peacock feather fabric.  I had figured the yardage I needed to finish the border around the embroidered squares--and decided I wouldn't buy more as it would just increase my stash.  Mistake!!  One end was cut funny--you know the rest of the story.  I should have bought half a yard!  Anyway, I had a few scraps left from the alternating blocks and pieced 3 border pieces.  Lesson learned!

















I started working on my second Henry Glass WHY baby quilt--working from stash is hard work!  Two of the inside borders (around the Why blocks) were pieced diagonally--"why" is the stash material always just a bit short?!  I checked my pastel blues and don't have enough of any of them to make the sashing and outside borders.  So, I guess I'll see if I can match one of them at our hardware store's quilting section.

 

And that's my week!



1 comment:

  1. Working from stash is so much harder than buying everything you need for a project. Good luck finding what you need at the local hardware store!

    ReplyDelete