Sunday, December 28, 2014

STASH REPORT - Week 52, 2014 (12/27/14)

Used this Period: 0 yards
Added this Period: 0 yards

Used year to Date: 185.77 yards 
Added Year to Date: 87.8 yards 

Net Stash Decrease for 2014: 97.97 yards

 

The end of the year is nigh and an accounting is due!  In looking at my numbers, I wish I had not succumbed to the siren song fabric sings to me--"Buy me!"  And I wish I had used a bit more stash and finished a few more projects.  Which all brings me to thinking about what I accomplished in 2014 and what I want to cross off my UFO-NewFO-Stash Reduction list in 2015.  

 

I numbered UFO/NewFOs in 2014 and drew a number each month--as we used to do on Judy's blog.  Because my bucket list is so long and continues to grow, I made A-B-C lists and even started on a D list.  I wasn't very successful on the A list which is the one I drew from each month, finishing only 3.  I finished 2 from the B list, 9 from the C list, and 5 from the D list--a total of 19 quilt tops pieced.  That shows me that when I see a quilt that I "just have to make," I abandoned my original list and added those quilts to my C and D lists--hmmmm, something to work on.  Perhaps I will set a goal of finishing something on my A list for every "new" quilt I do from the C & D lists (the B list is more like the A list).  Or maybe that involves too many rules.  My crochet/decorative painting/embroidery/machine embroidery/longarm quilting project lists didn't fare very well in 2014. 

 

To end the year on a very positive note...I can see a real reduction in my stash!  Some of the shelves are becoming less crowded--yea!  I wish you all a wonderful and productive 2015!

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on such a big stash decrease for 2014! Good luck meeting your quilty goals in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did well on reducing your stash if you can actually see space on your shelves. I have decided that my UFO list is too long too. One big list of over 50 UFOs, so I am only going to work on UFOs in 2015 - or at least 2 ufos for each new start. ha ha - that's even funny to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think most quilters have a lot of UFOs - I have about 20 - I hope to finish some of them next year. At least you created a system to help you finish them, mine are just sitting on a shelf.
    Have a wonderful happy new year.

    ReplyDelete