Sunday, November 11, 2012

STASH REPORT - Week 45, 2012

Used this Week: 2 1/4 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards

Used year to Date: 178 1/2 yards
Added Year to Date: 98 3/4 yards 

Net Stash Decrease for 2012:  79 3/4 yards

I can't believe that the mid-point of November is rapidly approaching!  Where has the time gone?!  It's been awhile since I have posted a stash report or a UFO report--I think the year is slipping away too fast. 

Between my last stash report and this one I flew to Hawaii to visit my son and his "3 girls" (wife + 2).  The younger granddaughter celebrated her 2d birthday-- and I needed some "grandmother" time!  I did the usual touristy things--the USS Arizona memorial is quite sobering, beach walks at sea level are easier than walks on the mountain, the lush foliage on the caldera is beautiful--as well as celebrating a birthday and attending a couple of Halloween parties.  Every vacation should include one big "event" and for me it was the evacuation when we received the tsunami warning (been a long, long time since I've slept on the floor!) and fled to high ground.  But the vignettes I'll treasure during our snowy months on the mountain are the "tea party" with my older granddaughter (soon to be 4) and the nestling into my shoulder of the younger granddaughter!

And then home to get re-acclimated to our higher elevation and to recover from jet lag--and to reenter my usual events.  The only sewing I have done since my last stash report (weeks 40-41) was on Thursday when I made 2 pillowcases to put into the troop boxes our Auxiliary sends monthly.  At first I thought I would dust off my serger and whip them out, but decided it was really time to try the "sausage" method.  It was sooooo easy and quick--pressing the seams before enclosing them in a French seam probably took the most time!  

And this week I will try to get the borders on my October UFO and start working on the November UFO.








 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment