Sunday, June 24, 2012

STASH REPORT - Week 26, 2012

Used this Week: 22 1/4 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards

Used year to Date: 134 3/4 yards
Added Year to Date: 52 2/3 yards 

Net Stash Decrease for 2012:  82 yards
Well, finally--I have yardage used to report!  Actually, this is over a 3-week period as I was making a large (did I say large?!) scrap quilt and used the yardage count per the pattern.  I just finished the backing this morning and have shifted the quilt into the LA UFO stack.  I really didn't intend for it to be so large but did not want to interrupt the pattern by making it smaller.  Anyway, it feels wonderful to see my numbers move in a positive direction.  I was able to use a 9+ yard piece of fabric from my stash for the backing, so it will be one continuous pattern on the back.

Skunk report--I think we have been victorious.  We still haven't seen the mama or found her den but Smokey, our Lhasa, no longer has little black & white creatures to share the yard with.  I let him out early in the week--but was paranoid enough to put him on a leash (he normally wears an electronic collar to confine him to our lot).  He was nose-to-the-grass around the yard while I was eyeing the brush on the forest floor--I thought he was just smelling where the first two skunks had been roaming--and it really startled me when I looked toward the south side of the yard and saw 2(!) skunks roaming near the edge of the lot!  Was I ever glad I had been paranoid!!

It is a beautiful summer day on the mountain--we are so fortunate!

No comments:

Post a Comment